Customer-Facing Data Engineer
London or Edinburgh with UK Travel (post Covid)
Permanent, Full Time
What doesn’t challenge you, doesn’t change you.
At Mudano, we’re on a mission to deliver the promise of people and technology and there’s no time to waste.
We only work with people as ambitious and driven as we are, who are excited by the pace of change and are determined to make a mark on the future.
People with this drive and fire are our life blood. They aspire to do and be more.
That’s why our acceptance rate is tougher than Harvard.
Our people. Our practitioners. Focused on project efficiency and business value delivery. Passionate about removing bias and guesswork and replacing it with informed, objective decision-making.
Accenture Applied Intelligence – The agility of a start-up, the scale of a global leader
Farewell to the Mudane.
We exist at the heart of the Accenture Applied Intelligence Financial Services organisation and lead the direction for the strategy, delivery and growth of the capability.
But we retain our start-up mentality and work at speed, with a common set of beliefs, behaviours and values that sets us apart.
Culture is how we work together. Easy to experience, harder to pin down and define in words. It is inclusive and it is diverse. It is award winning. It is a place for each person to live and work in a way that is right for them.
Our benefits and policies are designed for each person to integrate their work and life in a way that is right for them, as well as provide extensive support for career development, whatever that path may be.
Build on what you can do. Realise the potential you have.
We are looking for hands-on authentic and committed Data Scientists to support a range of different clients on all aspects of data science – from cradle through to grave. We work mainly, but not exclusively, in the Financial Services sector and our clients call on us to deliver the most challenging assignments going.
Job description and duties
• You will be working on client projects including: Data Strategy, Data Analytics, Applied Machine Learning, Regulatory compliance, or Data transformation
• You will be implementing complex solutions ranging from batch to streaming architectures, cloud on premise implementations, simple cron based batch processes to event driven and streaming architectures
• Your understanding of code control and deployment will support continuous delivery of production applications
• Additionally, you may be translating data to insights that enable the business to make decisions as well as using your data visualisations to tell a compelling story with data that makes complex topics understandable
• From time to time, you may also be transitioned away from full-time customer-facing work into an internal-facing role
• 3+ years’ work experience in data engineering in a customer or business facing capacity
• Implement cloud technologies such as GCP, Azure and AWS
• Strong SQL/Python knowledge, specific knowledge of Postgres would be valuable
• A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and ETL processes
• An in-depth understanding of large-scale data sets, including both structured and unstructured data
• Excellent communication skills, including prioritising, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
• Ability to understand and articulate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent training and development programme
• Comprehensive coaching programme
• Comprehensive benefit package including private medical, wellbeing cover, and life insurance
• Leading health and wellbeing services and resources via AXA PPP healthcare
• 24/7 Employee assistance programme
• 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays + 3 days paid volunteering leave
• Pension scheme with employer contribution
• Cycle to work scheme
• PerksAtWork discounts
• Discounted gym membership